You will be responsible for the use, verification and improvement of an in-house vehicle simulation program and its supporting toolsets. On your own initiative, you will be expected to perform under pressure to support our race teams with these tools. Some travel to race and test events may be necessary. Engineering experience, particularly in vehicle dynamics is desired. Additionally, programming skills in Matlab will be necessary to fulfill job requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate data for race engineers using a successful in house vehicle simulation program, effectively summarizing results to identify trends for better performance of the race cars to the race teams
- Work closely with race engineers and crew chiefs to optimize the simulation tools to efficiently translate simulation results into meaningful descriptive information and feedback.
- Attend races, tests and rig events as required (this is not a travelling position).
- Design measurements and conduct tests as required to fine tune the accuracy of the simulation inputs and outputs.
- Carefully identify areas of improvement in the suite of simulation tools and work to enhance the existing software.
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1+ year engineering experience is preferred.
- Matlab programming skills are required
- C# & .NET programming skills would be beneficial
- FSAE experience preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products is mandatory.
- Must be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all levels of a large team structure.
- Experience with coordinate measuring machines and multi body Simulation is useful.