SENIOR COMPOSITE R&D TECHNOLOGIST
The Senior Composite R&D Technologist is responsible for retaininig and developing the know-how of composite materials within STR.
Moreover the role has the scope to support the composite design and production process by defining proper guidelines and technological constraints.
What you will do:
Relatively to the tasks listed in the previous section, you will have the responsibility:
- To define the test activities to reasarch new composite materials and processes;
- To work with RD lab to define the correct procedures for composite material testing;
- To define and optimize the cure cycles used for car parts production;
- To compile and release plybooks for car parts production
- To interact with both internal STR departments (Design, Production, Quality Control) and external suppliers;
- To advise Designers on lamination details related to Manufacturing limitations/constraints and develop the relative tricks and adjustment while creating lamination informations (ply book, schemes, processes)
- To provide flexible attendance and attitude to work, both in line with the requirements of the role and any specific requirements of the projects;
- To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and be pro-active in problem solving.
What do you need:
- Extensive Composite material experience at a senior level, ideally in F1
- Degree in Material Sciencies or similar
- Broad understanding of composite prepreg design and production
- Excellent Knowledge of material testing, both by mechanical and chemical/physical point of view (i.e. DSC, DMA)
- Good knowledge of the tools used for ply draping and layup simulation (Fibersim, Laminate Tools)
- Good Knowledge of software tools for plybook compiling (Corel Draw)
- Initiative and Innovation