Location: Denver, CO, USA or Lisbon, Portugal.
OptimumG is an international
vehicle dynamics consultant group that works with motorsports teams and
automotive companies to enhance their.
understanding of vehicle dynamics through consulting, software development, and seminars.
OptimumG engineers participate in series such as FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), European Le Mans Series (ELMS), IMSA, IndyCar, Supercars Australia, FIA Formula 2, and FIA World Rally Championship (WRC). We have helped several racing teams win championships and important races around the world in the series mentioned above, and many more.
We are looking for a talented data engineer who is willing to be challenged and apply their skills in a variety of motorsports consulting projects, such as supporting a team on a race weekend, helping a tire manufacturer develop a new tire specification, or assisting a team with a post-rig test. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
• _Pre-event preparation and reporting using data analysis and simulation
• _Race and test attendance, performing data analysis, sensor/loom troubleshooting, etc.
• _Helping race engineers with tire/race strategy
• _Post-event reporting (e.g., driving, timing, and data reporting)
• _Simulation work to improve vehicle performance through analysis of vehicle setup influence on handling
This position requires domestic and international travel. Tasks and responsibilities may vary according to projects. Flexibility to face different challenges is required.
Education and Experience
• _Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
• _Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position in series such as IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Formula 2, etc.
• _Proactive and capable of working with little guidance
• _Good problem-solving skills
• _Good team player and communicator
• _Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
• _Willing to travel and work flexible hours, including weekends, as required
• _Excellent oral and written English communication
• _Proficiency in data analysis software programs (e.g., Motec i2, WinDarab, PI, Race Studio Analysis, etc.)
• _Hands-on experience with data acquisition hardware (loom, data logger, sensors, etc.) and software
• _Capable of using data processing and analysis as a decision-making tool
• _Good understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application
• _Ability to effectively communicate data findings to race engineers
• _Ability to develop internal tools/software for data processing and analysis
• _Extremely organized and systematic approach to on-track activities
• _Data-driven mindset
• _Good understanding of tires, suspension, aerodynamics—as well their interaction
• _Experience with vehicle dynamics software
• _Programming knowledge (Matlab, Python, VBA, etc.)
• _Tire testing and modeling experience
• _Laboratory test experience (e.g., K&C, post-rig, wind tunnel)
• _Proficiency in one of the following languages would be an additional asset: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable. OptimumG also provides medical and life insurance as well as a retirement fund contribution.
*Candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.